Monday, June 15, 2009

626.06 Miles

Today we drove through Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia just to see these people:
Ryan & Meghan Clyde. They live just outside D.C. and are letting us crash with them for a few days while we explore the nations capitol.


Of course, we had to stop and see this along the way


Who wouldn't take a 2 1/2 hour detour to see the world's largest picnic basket? I have a small obsession with seeing cheesy roadside curiosities. Lucky for me I have an indulgent husband!
We also stopped here

Gettysburg National Military Park.

It was very moving to think about the price our country has paid. I have ancestors who fought on each side. However, when I play civil war, I like to pretend I'm a Union soldier if I can, (they won, you know.)



I love road trips!

3 comments:

R and M said...

yay you blogged at my house!! I love your road trips too :)

I also love how the picture of me is disgusting. You look cute as ever though in your little hat.

Lindsey said...

Did you really go 2.5 hours out of the way to see that picnic basket?

Love the new blog background - lookin good! Hope you are having fun in DC (unless you are back already)

We get back on the 30th so hopefully we will connect back up after that.

Anna Banana said...

Baha.
Confederatehead! Confederatehead!!